Curiosity Fluffy could have killed the cat.

The cat is fortunate enough to live after being frozen to death almost a week ago near her home in Kalispell, in the northwest of Montana.

Andrea Dutter, the director of the Kalispell veterinary clinic, told HuffPost that the owners of Fluffy came home early on January 31 to find out that their pet did not react in a snow bank with chunks of ice matted in her fur. Dutter noted that the temperature that day was 10 degrees with a sensation temperature below zero.

"We speculate that Fluffy had endured a kind of trauma that prevented her from reaching her safe place," said Dutter, noting that the cat always has access to the house.

The owners contacted the clinic and sent a picture of Fluffy with snow layer to warn the staff. Dutter said that Fluffy was almost frozen on arrival and that "all hands were on deck" when she was returned to a treatment room.

The staff immediately began to melt the snow and the ice with hot water, using hairdryers and a rotation of warm, dry towels that came straight from a dryer. The staff got a relief within an hour.

& # 39; She started to hear moan, which gave us hope that she could get out, & # 39; said Dutter.

Fluffy warmed with a hair dryer.

Vet Clinic of Kalispell

Fluffy warmed with a hair dryer.

But after about two hours Fluffy & # 39; s body temperature was still quite low, so she was transferred to a first aid. A few hours later she began to show signs of recovery.

The healthy cat fully recovered.

Vet Clinic of Kalispell

The healthy cat fully recovered.

On Thursday the animal hospital shared the good news on Facebook: Fluffy fully recovered and was back home with her owners.

"Kudos to her family because she has acted so quickly to get Fluffy to see our doctors right away," said Dutter. "We – and Fluffy – are grateful for it [her] owners to act quickly in a scary situation. "

Fluffy loves her cat life and is safe at home.

Vet Clinic of Kalispell

Fluffy loves her cat life and is safe at home.

"We really hope that Fluffy's story can help other pet owners to become aware of ways to help their pets stay safe inside and out, and the importance of seeking medical attention is immediately verses that try to treat their pets alone. Our doctors and staff did nothing else than other vets and teams would do. "