So we just had Easter Sunday a few days ago and the cousins decided to do a potluck party over at the Bishan house. Everyone had to come with a dish so I thought I’d make Roast Chicken.
There was this promo on FB – $2/bird.
I bought 30!
Don’t worry, I didn’t make ALL 30 for the potluck. I made 20.
I didn’t make it ALL for the potluck either. 5 for my in-laws, 2 for an aunt on my husband’s side, 2 for my bff, and 3 for my husband’s friends. 5 was for the potluck and the rest was for home cos my husband had class on Easter so he couldn’t join us for Easter.
Now, before you all get confused, I don’t celebrate Easter, but my dad’s side those cos they’re all Catholics. I just enjoy the food and hanging out with my cousins and their kids.
Anyhoos, here’s the recipe for my Roast Chicken!
(this is for 10 800g spring chickens, so you can change the amount accordingly)
- 8 tablespoons of Salt
- 3 tablespoons of Paprika powder
- 3 tablespoons of Cayenne Pepper powder
- 3 tablespoons of Chilli powder
- 3 tablespoons of Garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of Onion powder
- 2 tablespoons of Somaq/Sumac
- Olive oil to coat the chicken
- 5 whole lemons
- 5 yellow onion
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl to make a dry rub
- Rub the chicken with oil
- Sprinkle the rub all over the chicken making sure every inch is covered. Shake off whatever doesn’t stick
- Set aside to marinate for at least 1 hour – best if left overnight
- Preheat oven at 200 degrees C (390 degrees F)
- Take 1/2 a lemon and squeeze the juice into the cavity before stuffing into chicken
- Take 1/2 a yellow onion and stuff into chicken as well
- Use skewer to close of chicken
- Roast chicken covered with foil for 45 minutes, remove foil for the last 15 minutes to get the skin crispy
- Remember to remove the lemon and onion before serving the chicken!
I’ll remember to take picture of it the next time i make it.
Can’t believe I don’t even have ONE picture of it.
Oh well, let me know if you give it try!!