Do not give these foods to your pets

We head to our favorite chair with snacks in hand, our faithful furry companion following at our heels, knowing that something good is waiting for them. But many of the snacks we give them can be toxic to them. Most people are not familiar with these foods.

CHOCOLATE, COFFEE, CAFFEINE

When ingested, they can cause vomiting, diarrhea, panting, excessive thirst and urination, hyperactivity, abnormal heart rate, tremors, convulsions, and even death. Dark chocolate is even more dangerous than milk chocolate.

ALCOHOL

All food products containing alcohol or alcoholic beverages should also be avoided.

PET POISONS

Many household products are toxic to our pets. Here is a list of poisons that should be kept completely out of reach of pets and should not be given to them at all. Make sure they are locked in a secure cabinet. You can purchase safety latches for cabinets.

MEDICINES FOR HUMANS

Prescription and over-the-counter medications. These include pain relievers, cold medicines, dietary supplements, and antidepressants. A pet will easily pick up a box of pills thinking it’s a toy filled with treats. Little does he know that it is poisonous to him. Also, be careful if you drop a pill on the floor. Pick it up before your furry friend finds it.

CHEMICAL HAZARDS

These are significant hazards to pets. These include antifreeze, paint thinners, drain cleaners, and pool and spa chemicals. These chemicals can cause depression, respiratory problems, chemical burns, stomach problems, and, in some cases, death. Be very careful with antifreeze. If you’re in charge of the car, keep your dogs and cats away. It is toxic to animals.

PLANTS

There are many varieties of dangerous household plants. These include azalea, rhododendron, sago palm, lily, kalanchoe, and Schefflera.

Lilies are particularly toxic to cats and can cause potentially fatal kidney failure, even in small amounts.

FOOD FOR PEOPLE

Some foods we enjoy can be very harmful to our pets. These foods include citrus fruits, raisins, avocados, chocolate, grapes, onions, macadamia nuts, coffee, and caffeine.

INSECTICIDES

Fleas, fleas, and more fleas. But treating your pet on your own can put it at risk. It is important to consult your veterinarian before starting any type of flea and tick treatment. Misuse of products can involve applying flea and tick products or treatments to the wrong pet.

HOUSEHOLD CLEANERS AND CHEMICALS

Bleaches, detergents, and disinfectants are toxic to pets. Lead. Pets are exposed to lead from many sources, including consumer products, paint chips, linoleum, and lead dust when surfaces in older homes are scraped or sanded.

Share this

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *